Thursday, September 18, 2008

School Olympics With Friends and the Insane Weather










For the next month until the end of October it's the rainy season in BG, the transition period from winter to spring.  For the past few days now it has been down pouring and my body is loving the cool air. What it's really doing is enjoying this weather, because when summer hits it's going to be an adventure in itself trying to find an area to relax that is not a 100 degrees plus.  Last night we had a lightning, thunder, hail, rain and wind storm practically the whole works. 
Of course the Brazilians hated it, but being a crazy foreigner who is up for anything it was a blast. I had never experienced anything like that before, my experiences only consisted of frigid ice storms and 60 mph winds fishing on the boat with my dad. It was really an enjoyable experience to see the different elements working at full force all in one night.
 I ran outside and was drenched, literally in less than a minute. I don't even think an umbrella could  have saved me from this type of rain. At first the rain came straight down in huge plopping drops, then it started going side ways.  I became very confused after this, since the rain was coming from all directions even the ground. 
School is going really well,  today we had a free day and everyone participated in the school Olympics. Everyone participates in this event for two days; handball, soccer and basketball were played this afternoon, tomorrow morning swimming, volleyball and boxing will be played.